(as of Nov 30,2021 05:44:11 UTC – Details)
The flow of the book is as follows:
- The book begins with the evolution of MSMEs in India and its definitions. A global perspective of the MSME definitions, used world over, is also offered.
- It talks about the procedures and intricacies involved in setting up an MSME in India; the regulatory requirements, and the forms in which an MSME can be set up by enterprises engaged in manufacturing or production and providing or rendering services.
- The book also dwells on the initiatives taken by the Ministry of MSME for empowering women through training and concessional financing for the women entrepreneurs, all developments in the legal aspects of MSME business etc.
- The book gives an account of the various financial institutions/departments/promotional schemes (Government, non-Government, financial) that have been set up/initiated to support the growth and adequately finance the MSMEs.
- The book explains the RBI definition of sick MSMEs, reasons for sickness, preventive measures, guidelines on rehabilitation measures for potentially viable units, definition on wilful defaulters, penal measures, classification of the assets in the NPA category etc.
- Microfinance and MSME play a symbiotic relationship with respect to the availability of finance, enhancing productivity and providing employment. A mention of the recently passed Microfinance Bill and the proposed banking sector reforms in the budget 2016 have been mentioned in the book, listing the key points.
- The book ends with the ramifications of the WTO regime on the MSME sector, both in terms of its opportunities and the challenges it will throw up.
The Present Publication is the 2017 Edition, published exclusively by Taxmann for the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance. The contents of the book are as follows:
- Setting-up of MSME
- MSME Policy, Regulatory and Legal Framework
- Institutional Framework
- Financing Options & Modes
- MSME Development, Business Development, Service Providers
- Clusters & Cluster Development
- MSME Rehabilitation
- Future of MSMEs
o Clearances Required for Setting-up of an Industrial Unit
o List of Laws
o List of Inspectors from State and Government Departments
o The Gazette of India